This warranty is provided by WiDom srl (hereinafter “WiDom”) based in Quartu S.Elena 09045 (CA), Italy (VAT number 03452490927).
WiDom warrants to the original purchaser (hereinafter “Customer”) that the device sold under this agreement (hereinafter “Device”) is free from defects in parts and workmanship under normal use for 12 months from date of purchase (“Warranty Period”).
The original purchase invoice or sales receipt, showing the date of purchase is the proof of date of purchase by the Customer.
If a Device, sold by WiDom to the Customer, has manufacturing defects or in any case of alleged lack of conformity, the Customer shall send within thirty (30) days from the day in which he discovers such defects, a claim form by using the web site (www.widom.it) informing WiDom on the full name of the Customer, the nature of the defects and the date in which the Devices has been purchased.
Warranty Claims received after the expiration of the Warranty Period shall not be considered valid.
Once WiDom, receives the Warranty Claim, it shall inform the Customer by e-mail or letter, if the Warranty is applicable and the address where the Device shall be sent in order to verify the defects (if any). Customer must prepay shipping and transportation charges as indicated by WiDom. The Device shall be sent by the Customer to WiDom at its own costs and expenses, by express courier or hand delivered, and with the original packaging, the supplied accessories (if any) and documents proving date of purchase. WiDom shall then inform the Customer about the defects and on its repair or replacement (where applicable). Should WiDom not evidence defects on the Device, the Device shall be returned to the Customer.
Should WiDom notices the defects, and this warranty is applicable, it will remove, at its sole discretion, any defect, free of charge, by repairing any defective components of the Device with new or regenerated components or by replacing the Device. The Warranty Period of the replaced or repaired Device shall not be extended.
WiDom will ship the repaired or a replaced Device to Customer freight prepaid.
WiDom will not be liable for damages to property caused by faulty device. WiDom will not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or for any damage, including, inter alia, loss of profits, savings, data, loss of benefits, claims by third parties and any property damage or personal injuries arising from or related to the use of the Device.
If the Device cannot be replaced with another of the same type (e.g. the Device is no longer in production or no longer available for selling in the Customer’s country), it may be replaced with a different one having similar technical specifications to the faulty one. Such replacement shall be considered as a total fulfilment of WiDom’s obligations.
- defects caused by normal wear of parts or especially subject to wear, such as parts that require periodic replacement during the normal operation of the system (e.g. Batteries);
- splits, cracks, scratches, dents, scratched or discolored surfaces and parts, breakage of plastic parts and in general of any other cosmetic damage;
- damages resulting from use of the system other than that provided, including but not limited to the failure to follow instructions contained in the operating manual;
- damages caused by accident, abuse, misuse, dirt, viruses, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration, negligence or other external causes;
- environmental damage and / or defects caused by smoke, dust, dirt, soot, or other external influences;
- damages caused by modifications and alterations in the functionality or features without the written permission of WiDom;
- damages resulting from transportation or inadequate packaging when returning the product to a WiDom or to an authorize service center;
- defects caused by force majeure events such as lightning, floods, fires, incorrect voltage, improper ventilation;
- damages caused by malfunctioning software, computer virus attack, or by failure to update the software as recommended by WiDom;
- damages resulting from surges in the power and/or telecommunication network, improper connection to the grid in a manner inconsistent with the operating manual, or from connecting other devices not recommended by WiDom;
- damages caused by operating or storing the device in extremely adverse conditions, i.e. high humidity, dust, too low (freezing) or too high ambient temperature;
- products whose serial number has been removed, damaged or rendered illegible;
- expiration of the Warranty Period.
If a defect is not covered by the Warranty, WiDom will inform the Customer about the extra expenses for the repair or replacement.
This warranty may be subject to changes. Please check at www.widom.it the newest warranty claim procedure.
This guarantee shall not exclude, limit or suspend the Customer rights when the provided product is inconsistent with the purchase agreement.
Extended warranty activation
The devices bought in the EU, entitle the end customers to a two-year guarantee offered by the retailer (or trader) that is separate from the above commercial guarantee offered by the manufacturer to the distributor or reseller.
WiDom offers an extra year guarantee to the end customers in addition to the EU guarantee. This warranty can be obtained only if the customer completes, by using the contacts on WiDom’s website, the following two steps:
1) Within fifteen (15) days from the date of purchase, send to WiDom a copy of the purchase invoice and product code;
2) Promptly after installing the device, send to WiDom the conformity certification issued by the professional who installed the device with indication of the serial number.